Wednesday 21 January 2009

Countdown to Claudius

Just a quick note to let you know that my publishers have set up a website for their authors, where I rub shoulders in cyberspace with Sebastian Faulks and Richard Branson. Check out my bit on http://authorsplace.co.uk/doug-jackson/

The copy-edit of Claudius should be with me tomorrow. It turned out the delay was nothing to do with the book, but I'm still nervous about the scale of the changes that will be wanted. In fact, I've just realised that I'm a lot more nervous this time round than I was with Caligula. The first time round there was nothing to lose, but now I'm very conscious of how important it is to build on that first book and keep the momentum going.

I need to get the copy-edited manuscript back to Simon at Transworld by February 9, which concentrates the mind.

I've just noticed that this is my 50th blog. A whole half century of ups and downs and I'm still just as confused about where all this is going as when I started! Thanks for sticking with me.

No comments: